Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year, New Life


What does New Year’s resolution really mean?



According to my pocket dictionary installed on my cell phone, Resolution is a firm decision or determination.

“ A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. “ [Wikipedia.com]
As I have understood from the statements above, it is simply a self-disciplined behavior or a way of life that a man tries to change or avoid as the New Year comes. New Year, New Life.

I cited my own New Year’s resolution hoping and praying that I can make or avoid. Namely:

1. Prioritize God’s words first. Never ever sleep at night without praying. Continue thanking Him for every new life he will give us. Commit zero percent sins that are either bad as wrong or as unrightfully as immoral behaviors.

2. Harden my studies. Read next lessons in advance. Complete answering home works and take home exercises more importantly in accounting courses. Have guts to recite. Emphasize English speaking. Attain 1.0+ grades in all academic courses.

3. Offer a helpin. Help those in need as much as I can. Teach them (classmates) the lessons they exactly don’t know. Coach them to study hard.

4. Love my family, friends, classmates and neighbors. Offer a helping hand. Stop teasing them. Avoid thinking something against them. Care them. Pray those who need God’s support. Collect friends not enemies.

5. Heart myself; Love yourself as you love others. Don’t think other’s murmurs. Take problem as jokes to laugh. Laugh more. Show a smiling face. Move with a good posture. Always thing positively. Earn respect from others. Speak and act right. Be a winner not a loser or failure. Beautify inside and out. Don’t be too selfish. Gain more self-esteem. Be humble always. Don’t take too much pride. Be the best that I can become. Lead not follow.


Have a Glorious 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment